Designs, develops, implements and supports all aspects of electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery related to site utilities, production equipment, and facilities. Is a technical resource to the Engineering, Maintenance and Validation departments to meet all regulatory and company specific policy requirements and to improve plant efficiency, capacity, and capability via continuous improvement and modernization objectives. Responsible for the research, development, design, layout, building, testing, troubleshooting, repairs and improvement of all manufacturing equipment and plant utility systems. Responsible for implementing improvements to increase equipment efficiency and prevent equipment obsolescence. Responsible for ensuring the validated state of all equipment, systems and facilities and compliance with all applicable cGMP, OSHA, DEC, EPA and local government regulations.
Responsible for the development, implementation, and technical support/ for all on site control systems architecture, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human-Machine-Interfaces (HMI), and server/industrial IT network infrastructure.
- Responsible for maintaining the Facility Monitoring System and Building Management System in a validated state including calibration, maintenance, repairs, and hardware/software updates.
- Responsible for developing and implementing improvements for efficiency, safety and preventing equipment obsolescence. Assists with capital improvement projects, including: funding requests, acquisition, installation, startup and associated documentation (including Risk Assessments, User Requirement Specifications, Functional Requirement Specifications, Design Specifications/Qualifications, Factory and Site Acceptance Tests, Machinability Studies and Standard Operating Procedures), and other items deemed appropriate by management.
- . Responsible for rebuilding and upgrading site utility systems and production equipment associated with formulation, filling/capping, lyophilization, packaging, and warehousing/distribution areas.
- Responsible for ensuring the validated state of all equipment, systems and facilities and compliance with all applicable cGMP, OSHA, DEC, EPA, ISO and local government regulations.
- Responsible for developing relationships with key vendors for technical support and for assistance in hardware applications.
- May supervise 1-3 direct reports.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related field of study and five years
- Must have a working knowledge of The National Electric Code, high voltage up to 460 volts, machine controls including Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), relay logic, motor controls (VFDs and servo), temperature and pressure controls including PID, thermocouples, RTDs and transducers and operator interfaces.
- Must be proficient in reading electrical schematics and ladder logic.
- Must have a clear understanding of analytical troubleshooting.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, good documentation skills, good organizational skills and good interpersonal skills to lead the plant electrical staff.
Associated topics: design, develop, electric, electrical, electrical engineer, electronic, engineer, plc, power, systems